Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2022 x5 m50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matowi View Post
I can second that. On my ‘21 G11 7-series I just sold I had the massaging and ventilated comfort seats. They were noticeably firmer (tempted to say harder) than similar comfort seats in my brother’s G31 5-series, which had neither the massage function nor ventilation. His seats felt much more richly cushioned and perplexingly offered more comfort (in that I much preferred his seats over mine). With that experience, for the X5 M60i I’ve ordered I optioned the seats without the massaging function. Couldn’t delete the ventilation unfortunately

Truth be told, I used the massaging function only a few times over my 2-year ownership of the 7. It happened only when I reminded myself I have this gimmick. Never once felt I wanted to use it or that it gave me any value. As for the ventilation… given how bad it was at actually ventilating anything, I used it maybe twice. Total waste of money in my case
I’d be curious if there is a further difference btw the sensafin and merino. Any sensafin seat I’ve ever sat in had similar level of plushness whether with or without massage / ventilation etc..

I’ve sat in a few showroom x7s merino and found the seats much much firmer.

This is not an advertisement for sensafin I just wonder if they are able to do something different given the durability of synthetic product.
Appreciate 0