View Single Post
      12-01-2023, 09:20 PM   #94
T3PO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Not exactly true but if that is what you want to believe that is fine. There is no indication that any changes have been made to the engine and it was only on the market 8 months prior to going into the G05.

Getting back to your original post, the engine in the 50e has been out for the same exact time.

Obviously we are discussing a few months and it makes no difference but as with any reason, you have to decide what is important to you when making a purchase. In this case it was the perceive safety in the M60i engine.
8 months prior to the launch of the LCI, however we are now over a year out.

The S68 in the M60 is a detuned M engine with forged internals, meaning risk is alleviated as they were able to pump out significant increases to HP and torque gains into the XM and X5M.

Conversely the 50e has increased power to the B58 over the 45e, meaning risk was increased, even when accounting for the increase of power by the electric motor.

Additionally, the 50e has had a large disparity in engine and drivetrain issues vs the M60i as evidenced by google searches (forums, Reddit, FB etc). TBH I’m surprised how few issues I have seen with the M60 thus far. Some of this is probably due to volume of sales, I would guess the 50e sells significantly more units than the M60.

I am very happy with my selection of the M60 over the 50e, with that being said I realize either vehicle could be a lemon or have issues. Ultimately, I felt the safer option was the M60 even though the practicality of the 50e was extremely enticing.
Appreciate 0