c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Well the poll says over the internet and the post says on Amazon... different questions. I HAVE bought cars overs the internet, both directly from the manufacturer (Tesla) and from out of state dealers where basically everything was done over the internet.
I didn't vote because it's two different questions. Depending on your definition of buying a car over the internet, I guess you could say I already have many times. I didn't pay electronically like I would Amazon. I don't think any dealer is ready for that yet considering all the signatures that are required to obtain a car, especially when it's out of state.

I think the closest I came to a true internet purchase of a car was with Champion Porsche in Florida. I did the deposit online, then they overnighted paperwork to me with return envelope. Once ratified, they coordinated delivery of car to me.

I bought a van from Georgia, which included my trade. They drove the van up, we signed paperwork, and he drove my trade back. It was almost surreal.

I bought another Porsche from PA and same situation except they rode the Amtrak back since I wasn't trading anything.

I almost bought a car in Wisconsin that way but they had to send a notary to witness signatures and verify my identity. Which is all well and good until they had trouble getting everything arranged. After almost three weeks of trying to get it done, and several hours taken off of work, I pulled the plug and got my money back.

So I guess what I'm saying is different dealers/states have different requirements that kind of prevent you from having a true internet transaction.
Appreciate 0