Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08bonnie View Post
Are the 20" factory wheels only available from the BMW dealer? My thought is to keep the 22's until the tires need changing and then switch to the factory 20's with square setup.
Maybe there’s something wrong with the tires themselves or the pressure?
I was amazed with the compliant ride and overall comfort when I test drove an M60i X5 with m performance pro suspension (base steel struts with active anti roll bars) on 22” wheels. I took the car out to a variety of places and had a friend drive my 7series (air suspension with anti roll bars on that one, plus 21” wheels with OEM tires). We went over smooth tarmac and broken up side roads, etc. I came out thinking the X5 was a better ride than my 7 series (it was 2021 model with less than 30k miles on it)

So, as someone said above, what some perceive as hard or harsh, others will consider too soft / floaty

If you consider the ride harsh, I’d start with checking if tires are okay, then pressure, then maybe do the strut test. Obviously, changing summer to winter tires (if that’s applicable where you live) will also help determine if wheels are a factor

In any case, I hope you will find a setup that makes the car fit your expectations

Had: '15 F10 535d; '21 G11 740d
Appreciate 1