View Single Post
      12-31-2023, 05:06 AM   #34
Photographer918
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Tundra, Telluride

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
I do agree that the constant LCI bashing is a bit beating the dead horse by now. Reminds me of the early days of the G80/82 and everyone bashing on the new grille. Got old over there as well and still makes an appearance when a G8x makes the front page.

Both versions have their pluses and minuses but the fact that some on here continue to hardcore press either side is tiresome.

All that being said, I’m personally loving my new M60i. Would I rather have the actual A/C buttons, sure, but it doesn’t take away from my enjoyment of it so far in the least bit.

🤷🏻‍♂️
The title of thread is: "To LCI? Or not?" and the opening post reflects that question.

I considered that question carefully before buying my second X5 - the first one was literally bought for an extended test drive, as I wasn't sure I could comfortably downsize from my 2014 Toyota Tundra.

Before buying the second X5, I extensively cross-shopped and test drove X7s, X6s, and X5s in both pre-LCI or LCI configuration (on the X7.)

I'm truly happy that you and others are enjoying the LCI, just as I'm happily enjoying the pre-LCI, along with some others. But the constant feedback from some LCI owners can be summed up as "I bought one and think it's great, so I don't understand why anyone would think differently, and if they do they must be voicing that opinion only to diminish our enjoyment of the LCI we chose." That's a ridiculous argument.....

I spent five years peeling people out of cars, treating their injuries and caring them to the hospital, as a teenager. I took and passed the National Safety Council's Defensive Driving class as part of learning how to drive ambulances. I have concerns about the distractions of moving more things onto screens, and having them take more screen touches than they used to on a physical button - but hey, I also hail from a country where cup holders weren't a thing, because a driver's hands belong on the wheel, not drinking something while cruising the autobahn.

My posts tend to spell out what the LCI tradeoffs are:
  • Ckimate controls on the screen
  • Some DAP controls on the screen
  • Heated steering wheel switch removal from the wheel
  • Rear door comfort access deletion
  • Newer more potent engines - especially the S68 is a bonus on the LCI
  • Some folks like the new tech layout; others prefer the cowl around the instrument cluster
  • Some folks love the X5 logo on the dash, others prefer the more understated interior lighting scheme on the pre-LCI

There's lots of good stuff about the LCI; I wish I didn't have the safety concerns, because I would have loved to take delivery in South Carolina - but that was unfortunately not an option for me.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade - but I do want to provide the OP with some consideration points, so e can make an informed decision and be as happy as you or me, with his new ride..... :-)
Appreciate 4
Mattl08061009.50
TurtleBoy13723.50
skiboy36.00