chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
2024 X5 M60i in Java Green

Now that I got my X5 back from the detailer I figured it was time to create a proper thread and post some photos.

Some on here might remember my 2022 M3 Competition done in Twilight Purple. Absolutely loved that car and it was a blast for the nearly two years of ownership. However, back in August of this year I decided it was time for something different and started looking at the X5. This time around I was wanting something slightly less on the sport side of things and wanted something more on the luxury side of the spectrum but still with some good get up and go for the daily commute. I landed on ordering a 2024 X5 M60i. When I spec'd it out originally I had opted for Skyscraper Grey over Tartufo extended merino leather but a few days after the order was accepted and allocated I emailed my CA and said I wanted to switch over to an individual color. While Skyscraper is a great color, I just couldn't bear the thought of going from something so dynamic as Twilight Purple to being another grey SUV on the road. With the switch over to Java Green, my build was delayed by about 9 weeks in order for it to get scheduled for production. Apparently they batch the individual colors together in Spartanburg and have less batches throughout the year. When I did Twilight Purple on the M3 it only pushed my order back by about 4 weeks.

Below is the timeline of my order for those interested in what it might look like for an individual color on an X5:
8/22/23: Build submitted to CA
8/25/23: Obtained allocation and production number
8/29/23: Scheduled for production
8/30/23: Requested switch to individual color
8/31/23: Individual color approved and back to a status of 102
9/18/23: Order accepted with a production week 49
10/26/23: Scheduled for production
11/21/23: Production begins
12/7/23: Exterior body assembly begins
12/7/23: In the paint booth
12/7/23: Entering assembly line
12/8/23: Assembly in progress
12/8/23: Quality check
12/8/23: Final assembly
12/8/23: Ready for transport
12/8/23: Awaiting carrier assignment
12/12/23: Dispatched from factory
12/14/23: Arrived at dealership
12/15/23: Took delivery

The specs for my build are as follows:
  • X5 M60i in Java Green
  • Tartufo extended merino leather
  • Fineline black wood trim
  • Leather dashboard
  • Anthracite alcantara headliner
  • Front massaging seats
  • M sport professional package w/red calipers
  • Parking assistance package
  • Executive package
  • Climate control package
  • 2-axle air suspension
  • 21" 915M wheels

My "mods" to date are all minor and cosmetic only. As usual, a big shoutout to Ryan over at IND-Distribution for helping to get all the items together!
  • IND painted front reflectors
  • IND painted rear reflectors
  • IND gloss black hood and trunk roundels
  • IND gloss black trunk emblems
  • IND painted rear wiper arm cover
  • IND painted license plate frame (still have to put on but waiting for my permanent plate to arrive first)
  • Goldenwrench blackline performance fuel cap - edition red
  • Goldenwrench blackline performance engine cap cover set - edition red
  • TuxMat all weather floor mats
  • Canvasback cargo cover

While it is nice to have a BMW with a V8, the sound is definitely lacking so perhaps that will be one of my mods later on down the line once more options start to roll out for the M60i's.

From the detailer aspect, I opted for using Hyer Quality Detail over in Tempe, Arizona. They did a fantastic job and would highly recommend them to anyone in the Phoenix metro area. I went with the following from them:
  • Xpel XR+ ceramic tint - 20% up front, 70% on the rear, and 70% on the windshield
  • Xpel 8mil thickness "track pack" PPF package which covers the bumper, full hood and fenders, headlights, a-pillars, mirrors, rocker panels, front and rear splash guards, and door handle cups
  • Silver Package ceramic coating which is one layer of ceramic pro 9H and one layer of ceramic pro top coat

My first impressions so far after just over two weeks over ownership:
  • Absolutely loving Java Green! It definitely isn't a color for everyone's taste (especially on an SUV) but I couldn't be any happier with my choice in color. In fact, I'm starting to like this color more than the Twilight Purple on my G80. I also love the pairing of the color with the Tartufo interior.
  • iDrive 8.5 has been great but it does take a little getting used to. I'm still not a huge fan of the way they've implemented the screens but I really do enjoy the larger screens. Love how nice CarPlay looks on the bigger screen. I also really like some of various little things in iDrive 8.5 like seeing the car in motion or the turn signals blinking when the vehicle is displayed on the screen. Sometimes it is just those little details that make something special.
  • I've only just now surpassed 300 miles on the odometer and can now use the full power range of the engine (BMW software limits it at the outset but thankfully unlocks automatically when you hit the mileage limit) but I think this S68 engine will be great and it seems to work really well with the mild hybrid setup.
  • The exhaust note is pretty weak for a V8 and doesn't really change up all that much in Sport or Sport+ settings.
  • The inability to turn off ASS in comfort is lame but I will say that it is really well implemented and not all that noticeable. Still would be nice to have a button to disable it when desired.
  • The lack of comfort access on the rear doors is an odd choice on this price point but the proximity comfort access has been flawless and I don't really miss this from having it on the G80
  • The air suspension is amazing and this thing is a dream to drive

And now on to the photos! Photos were taken with either my iPhone 15 Pro Max or my Sony A7 III.
Attached Images

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 27
'Cane8722.00
LDT1620.50
spoodle175.50
Go FasTA232.00
Ibiza3649.50
RNorb245.00
RockinPA4860.00
LuckyBrand1451.50
barbE120.50
gen1md16.00
GOLFFRR10874.50