12-31-2023, 11:31 AM   #44
BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I have seen a number of people post that they won't use that approach due to safety concerns. They would rather not have all of the doors unlock but rather the one they touch. I have mine set to unlock on approach so wouldn't generally have an issue with the LCI shortcoming but, like you, think it is a terrible move by BMW.

Unfortunately what we may be seeing is the success of the X5 allowing BMW to cut corners and remove what should be common features, luxury, etc. from it. Hopefully it is not the case but we may have to see a sizable drop in sales volume before they change course. Given that it can be argued that other, often less expensive, luxury SUVs offered more luxury features and options maybe that will provide the impetus for BMW.
Agreed. The problem with attitudes like this is once you've hit that point of "we went too far", you've done MASSIVE damage to your brand and demand. You've lost all your goodwill and a lot of repeat buyers,

w needs to recognize that the only thing they've got over something like the GV80 is understated design, and the V8 powertrain. If they push to reduce costs too far, people will switch, get used to the warranty for basically forever (and not needing it for silly things), etc. Then you have to conquest back those buyers, and that's HARD.
Appreciate 1
aug0211167.50