MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Very interesting.

Where I'm at it's free to drop it off at Kohl's or UPS, but I always go to UPS. I literally just rebox it (I'm in the habit of keeping the shipping box for everything until I know I'm keeping it), print the return page with the scan on it, tape it to the box and drop it off. I don't even wait in line when I drop it off, just lay it on the counter and say "I don't need a receipt" and leave. Hell, I don't even park properly, just pull up out front and throw my flashers on for the 30 seconds I'll be out of the car.

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind paying $1 to return some things that I'm "trying out" to see if they would work for me. In fact, I buy a lot more stuff knowing that I can return it if it doesn't suit my needs perfectly, and I think that's part of their game. No questions asked returns are the future.
That's how it was this whole time for me and the wife. Not until about last Fall is when we saw the change.

I would do the exact same thing as you and keep the box until I know for sure I am keeping the item. I honestly just read Amazon is trying to crack down on returns. I can most certainly take it to Kohls or Whole Foods and Staples for free. But why bother when there is a UPS store close by and it's faster?!

It's no biggie, but a little like, wtf. Won't stop me from buying..that's for sure. I think Amazon delivery drivers are at our house about 2-3 times per day. It's just too easy. I know I already got a package I ordered last night in bed and it came at 7am this morning.
///MPhatic14183.50