View Single Post
      02-01-2024, 01:24 PM   #102
gsquare
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW X5 50e

Week 25 Build Issues as of Feb. 1 2024

I started reading the forum extensively before ordering, but did not join until shortly after delivery on June, 26 2023. Aside from accomplishing the knee airbag recall, my 50e had no issues until September at 2629 miles.

1. Drivetrain Malfunction where car could not be moved and had to be trucked to the dealership. This was traced to a defective CCU which was replaced approximately three weeks later.

2. In early January, I got a service light (wrench symbol) with Drivetrain and High Voltage messages which disappeared after restarting at the dealer. The test plan stated that there was updated software to correct the issue and vehicle programming was performed.

3. On January 24, the Drivetrain Malfunction returned, but this time I was able to restart the vehicle. As before, various erroneous faults were present. After opening a TSARA case, BMW instructed the technician to reprogram, manually select all modules, the send vehicle on three drive cycles with three sleep cycles. Battery was drained on each occasion. I got the vehicle back on January 30, and have only driven a few miles since.

This has been mitigated somewhat by living in extremely close proximity to the dealer, and having no problems getting loaners, so I’ve had extensive test drives of the iX in two cases. I’ll refer to this post in the other related threads. I’m familiar with the Pennsylvania Lemon Law just in case.
Appreciate 0