Thread: The Pet Thread
View Single Post
      03-05-2024, 02:14 PM   #3990
Alvin Mpower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Questions about bringing cats on long car rides. I tried to search this on Google but mostly just some general stuff. I definitely going to put him in the carriage and suspend the carriage between back seat and front seat so it doesn't move. I do long drives from Central VA to Rhode Island couple times a year, its 9.5 hours non stop but I probably will stop to chill with my friend in Jersey so it's probably gonna take 13-14 hours. I'm curious on how my cat going to handle the speed of my M4. I drive pretty chill 90% of the time, but sometimes I get bored I will do some pulls especially another M car pull next to me and want to do some runs. Would fast acceleration scare the cat? How sensitive are them to acceleration? When I brought him home from Humane Society it was only a 3 minutes drive, and I was driving like a grandma. I might try bring him in my car this weekend to see how he handle 10-20 minutes of car ride, also gonna have to bring him to vet next weekend so he's gonna have to deal with that too. I will try put him in the carriage for about 5 minutes a day and give him treats while he is in it to feed him positive feelings. Hope he don't pee himself in my car. He peed himself last night while I was trying to vacuum, bro is terrified by that thing.