03-26-2024, 08:04 PM   #6
Bimmersurfer
Private
Rep
Drives: X6MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mencio View Post
Congrats on the new X5M!

Start/Stop: By default, meaning EVERY TIME you start the car, the auto start/stop will be enabled (car shuts off when stopping). Unlike every other M car I have owned/driven, that setting cannot be changed and cannot be remembered between shutting the car off and starting it again.

To turn off, you have 2 options: Press the button in the console OR use one of the M1/M2 button to set that to off. A little annoying but you get used to it.

Here is my daily procedure for the last 10 months: Start the car and start driving. Depending on my destination leave the start/stop on until the car is warm, then press M1 (Sport/ D2, etc) which has the start/stop disabled. Otherwise, first stop light 200 yards from garage, car turn off, mumble some profanities at BMW and press the console button.
Bottom line you'll get used to it and as smooth as it is, I absolutely hate it, find it pointless. There's nothing more stupid than stopping at a red light, seeing the guy next to you admire an otherwise perfect performance SUV only to have it shut off and be like any other grocery getter out there.
on my 22 XMC the start stop was pressed once and stayed off since the day i picked up the car. not sure when that would have changed but i know it is really annoying when its on.
Appreciate 0