eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by franxx View Post
Thanks for the answers again.

I live in the Netherlands in an apartment complex but the public charger network is very good here. I have probably more than 20 chargers within 2 min walk from my apartment, 4 right outside the door. And rarely they are all 4 always being used at the same time. And from what I read, even when using public chargers you save money compared to using gasoline.
My car, however, sleeps in a separate garage (which by the way stays quite warm even in winter).

Lots of people here drive PHEVs/EVs without charging them at home, but using the public chargers, and have their cars sleeping on the street because they don't have a private garage. The main difference in my case is that I don't drive my car daily, and mainly do it on the weekends for fun/family trips. After every trip I could let the car charging at least up to 80% and then go out and park it, but I assume sometimes I would be lazy to do that, hence my question.

And by the way, the reason to think of a 45e instead of a 40i is because I'm looking for a good second hand deal and there is way more offer for the 45e than for the 40i, which on top of that is WAY more expensive. Oh, and currently the road taxes are also much cheaper on the 45e.

I also understood from the dealer that lots of people here only buy 30e/45e's for the tax benefit and then they never charge their cars (stupid). I would never do that, but I simply wanted to know if charging every 2 weeks (at most) would be too bad for the battery.
Don’t charge 45e is fine, HVB is never fully depleted anyway.

Location also matters a lot. Quite a few commented here about not recommending PHEV without home charging (myself included), live in US where public charging infra is very behind European countries. Not being able to charge at home is a major pain. Since you are in a different country, maybe take this as grain of salt. We have very little idea what it is like at you location.
franxx6.50