04-22-2024, 11:52 PM   #16
Kuskus
Enlisted Member
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMED View Post
I have owned a 2020 Z4 M40i, also a 2023 M240xi and currently own a 2024 M2 manual. Without a doubt a m240xi is great value and a riot to drive around town. It's crazy capable and fast!! I put a downpipe in the m240xi and its sounds way better than my M2. I do really prefer the looks of the M2, the seats, the extra top end power, handling and brakes are also great. The xdrive is amazing in the winter but I bought a set of winters for my M2 and still drove it in the winter too (Yes, I am crazy LOL). Around town driving, to and from work the M240xi was more fun but in every other instance the M2 is a better drivers car. There is no question off the line and 1-2 gears the M240xi was faster, but once that M2 hits 3rd gear then it starts to pull hard. Yes, the automatic M2 would have been faster, but it had been 15 years since I have owned a manual and I figured it was time! I think the M2 is worth the extra money and will likely have much better resale value too.
Thanks for this input! Winter isn’t really a problem here in my country since it never snows here 😂 And I also agree with you on the B58 sounding better than the S58 (subjective topic LOL) But I guess I’m looking more on the direct power input coming from the xdrive since overtaking on the highway is quite often what I do here since we have so many slow drivers
Appreciate 0