04-30-2024, 12:25 PM   #119
krypttic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X50e with Executive P

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsdpark View Post
I have a 2024 BMW X5 50e. I live in Orange County, California, and last week I went on a golf trip to Las Vegas with my spouse. The next day, while returning to the hotel after playing golf, the Drivetrain Malfunction message came on and the car started shaking. And the car's drive mode automatically changed to electric. I parked my car on the side of the road, found a nearby BMW dealer, and drove for 15 minutes to get it done at the dealer. The dealer said it would take 3-4 weeks (due to no parts in the USA and parts had to be delivered from Germany ??) to repair the car, so we rented a car and returned home to California. For reference, my X5 50e is nearly new and only had 900 miles at the time. In fact, I am very disappointed and I am still waiting for the situation and hope that it will be fixed as soon as possible. Please let me know if anyone has the same issue. I don't know what to do except wait.
Save
As you can see from the thread you just posted to, many others have had the same issue. You might also want to read through this thread: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2025929
Appreciate 0