View Single Post
      05-01-2024, 11:44 AM   #33
bono
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5d

Haha, Sherlock, different MY have different specs. I can just tell you that I would not buy current MY trailer this size from Jayco, as it would be too heavy.

Let's focus on capabilities of your Raptor - would you dare to hitch up such a trailer? I wouldn't do it, if I were you, even if your the paper towing specs look OK.

This is the difference between obsolete technology used in trucks vs. German engineering. Not only size matters There are many, many things that affect how a vehicle tows. Short rear overhang is better than long rear overhang. Independent suspension is better than archaic live axle. Low center of gravity is better than higher center of gravity. Low profile tires are better than high profile tires. Do you see the pattern? If you don't, watch the video again and look how towing experience should look like.

People who have no clue about towing are freaking out is one spec is 100 lbs over. At the same time, people who have a real life experience may relax towing a 33' trailer with BMW X5 500+ miles per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooloud10 View Post
I wouldn't hook that 33' trailer to either vehicle--per the lightest 33' unit on the Jayco website, it weighs at least 6210 lbs dry, with a 710 lb tongue weight--it's overweight for my pickup so it's definitely over the GVWR of the X5. I'm also unaware of any 'two finger' rule that means anything WRT towing.

Anyway, it's sad that you joke about putting others in danger when you admit to:

1) driving an overloaded SUV on public roads
2) using a WDH hitch that's specifically not supported by BMW
3) taking a video while being passed by semi trucks on the highway

What would your insurance company say about any of that?
Appreciate 0