07-12-2006, 01:34 AM   #60
maq
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Monthly Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
I found it interesting watching those clips of Materazzi.. Because in 1 scene he went up agaisnt inzaghi, and it looked dirty. But you know what, they played together on the national team, and all is well. Its just one of those things, where once you step foot on the pitch- your a different person. Its one for all, all for one. You dont worry about hurting someones feelings, it sounds harsh but at that point your there for 1 thing only- to win, not to make friends.
I bet you didn't know Inzaghi hates Materrazi with a passion. In fact, as my Italian friend told me, most veterans on the national team and all the AC Milam guys aren't friends with Materrazi. He played in World Cup only because Nesta was injured. So all is not well.

If you even watch soccer on a regular basis, you'd know the way Materrazi plays is not common. You don't play to make friends that's right, but you don't play to hurt others either. You play that way, you hurt yourself in the end. That's the golden rule in any sport. I played in the city league for 2 years (and many more years for school teams), fortunately I've never met a guy as aggressive as Materrazi.

I know you love your team, and there are some great playes on the team that deserve the trophy. But Materrazi is not one of them.
Appreciate 0