danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurasmoldovi View Post
the tires both will be same back and front, so you think if i do 19 icnh rims don't do a staggerred setup and do oem tire diamenter i will be ok
Sounds like you still don't understand the point. I'll clear it up for you.

You can do a staggered setup if you'd like. The definition of a staggered setup has to do with the WIDTH of the tire; it has nothing to do with the diameter of the tire+wheel. It can be 9.5 inches wide at the rear and 7 inches wide at the front. It doesn't matter. The STANDARD that most people follow (aftermarket) is 8.5" (front) and 9.5" (back) for 19".

Now, when it comes to DIAMETER, the wheels/tires have to be the same size. Therefore, the thickness of the tire is reduced on 19" wheels. The speedometer of our cars are calibrated to wheels/tires that are approximately 25" in diameter; that is the lowest part of the wheel to the highest point. If you start messing with the overall diameter of the wheel/tire ratio, the speedometer will be off (+/- few mph). Other than the speedometer being inaccurate, I don't think any problems will occur (then again, I'm not sure about that. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Aftermarket and OEM wheel/tires usually have a standard size of 17", 18", and 19":

225/45/17
225/40/18(F) - 255/35/18(R)
235/35/19(F) - 265/30/19(R)

Again. The width of the tires may vary, but it is irrelevant to the xi. Use the calculator in the Wheel And Tires Forum provided at the top of the screen. You can measure the differences there. There is a general "rule of thumb" that is followed: the difference between the front and the rear of the wheel/tire should NOT be more than 1%.

Oh, and with out spring/shocks or coilovers, you won't be getting ride of the wheel gap. You go the xi for a reason. Live with it or mod it.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0