View Single Post
      04-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
xjeeper
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

I mean seriously... how hard is it to add aftermarket amp to stock premium sound?

I have the premium 10 speaker (hifi, not carver) stereo in my car. I took it to my local car audio place along with a printout of this http://users.telenet.be/AcousticSolu...navigation.htm . After fooling with the car for some time, they determined that the webpage had some errors in the labeling of the wires (perhaps the wiring is different in the hifi vs the carver?). Anyways.... apparently it is a huge PITA to get my amp to work..... something about the crossovers being inside the factory amp, no way to access them so I wouldnt be able to send the correct signals to the correct speakers due to the way BMW has the tweeters and woofers crossed and the mids crossed some other way.... (I forget exactly what the deal was).

My question is..... is it REALLY that hard to hook up an aftermarket amp to control all of the stock speakers? I know a sub amp is a piece of cake, but I want a full range amp. I just want to give the stock speakers more power to work with. Is that too much to ask for???