07-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #10
Buegie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
I have found two cars that I'm interested in on s2ki. The first one is in FL and I was ready to drive down there and purchase the car, but the seller has a lien on the car and wants me to pay off Honda Finance and then have the title issued to him, and then he wants to sign it over to me in good faith after he receives it in a few days. I agreed to pay off Honda Finance and the rest in cash to him if he would have Honda issue me the title directly, but he says that's not possible. I'm not willing to purchase a car without having the title in hand or at least sent to me directly after paying for a car in full.
That's kind of shady, I wouldn't want anything to do with that. I'm picking up my 330xi this saturday (which is why I paid for the reports in the first place) and there was a lien out on the car. However the guy had the money to pay it off and did so. The title is being mailed to him now and then I'll give him the money when I pick it up. Doing it any other way can just get really messy. Good luck
Appreciate 0