View Single Post
      06-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #67
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dth656 View Post
from a purely engineering perspective, i would say i hate most american cars, but especially the lower end (i.e. those in the 10-20k price range).

some things i noticed about the american cars (which all were at a higher price point than my corolla):
-poor rated power output for a given displacement
-extremely poor interior fit and finish, perceived quality (quality, grain of plastics, large gaps btwn dashboard components, etc)
-poor interior mechanical design (ex: the dashboard vent design in the grand am was particularly bad)
-crappy handling--i get this for the trucks, but the monte carlo and grand am were marketed for "driving excitement"--even my corolla handled better
You listed a bunch of GM products, and at that end of the price spectrum, they are polar opposites of Ford. GM is still having issues with its smallest and cheapest vehicles, rebranding Daewoos, while Ford is doing quite well with the Focus and now the Fiesta coming stateside.

I hate GM for not properly developing good small cars and for producing the godawful escalade. I hate Toyota for producing the Prius and therefore causing the Smug epidemic we've been seeing for too long now. I hate BMW for being able to churn out crap and still be able to sell me on the performance aspect. I hate Ford for never bringing the Cossie here. I hate Chrysler for developing crap across the board (save the Viper). There's something to hate about everyone.
Appreciate 0