View Single Post
      12-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #8
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Yeah, I doubt they accidentally found out they were inflating the signal strength. When I upgraded from the original to the 3G, I had 2 bars of 3G at home. Apple then released iOS 2.1 and my signal strength magically went to 4 bars on 3G. So yeah, they knew they were being misleading with it.

Another note when the 3GS came out last year, people were noticing the signal drop as well, but it never gained any traction like the 4 did. Guess Jobs highlighting the new antenna design brought attention to it magnifying antennagate.
Yeah of course they knew. But they denied there was a signal strength issue up and down until this year.... One thing that was consistent with all of my iPhones was their ability to drop calls or get shitty signal more so than other phones I've had. In the past, it wasn't THAT big of a deal, because there really wasn't a device that could compete with it. Now that there are plenty of them, it's nice to be able to not feel like I'm being held hostage if I want that type of phone.

Honestly, I don't see Apple changing their attitude and the way they deal with issues in the future. As great as the iPhone 4 is, this time around I voted with my wallet. Unfortunately, there are too many people out there who will stick with apple even if the iPhone 5 was nothing more than a brick of solidified bear shit. It would be nice if people jumped ship and forced Apple to be not so douchebaggy.

Although the iPhone 4 is generally the best phone out there (being very broad and generally speaking), it is so nice to have valid options now. With the rate that other manufacturers are progressing, Apple very well may have to start caring about how they treat their fan base when confronted with very real issues.
Appreciate 0