View Single Post
      02-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #48
orey
Banned
Rep
Drives: the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossiM3 View Post
This my friend is the exact mindset that every Gen Y seems to have. They think they 'deserve' or are 'entitled' to live in the best/expensive suburbs as soon as they graduate. They feel that they have spent 3-4 years studying hard and now deserve a high paying job and a rich lifestyle straight out of uni. Iv got news for them, every man and his dog go to uni and completing uni is not much of an accomplishment anymore.

Unfortunately this isnt reality. 450k will get you one of the best 1 bedroom apartments in the city and many people in their 30's even struggle to afford one. A grad out of uni on a 45-50k salary cannot afford 450k nor will a bank finance them for that much. Grads should move out with friends to a share house or find a room mate. There is no way a grad can afford to live on their own. Many cant afford that until late 20's early 30's.

The reality is people live with friends or room mates well into their late 20's early 30's saving as much as they can while paying around $200 a week rent.

But have a guess how much your 450k apartment will be worth in 25 years time???? Prob 1million + by the rate property is increasing these days!

So you pay the bank back 1 million dollars (assuming you are retarded and pay minimum for the life of the loan) and in 25 years your apartment is worth what?, 1 million dollars?...Sound like a pretty good deal to me!

I dont know why people hate banks if it wasnt for them lending money we wouldnt have shit!
my whole point was that it was impossible for graduates, even in a middle-uper tier job to afford anything reasonable.

i dont really care, i have my own bungalow sort of thing that is bigger than most apartments and in a nicer suburb than the inner-inner city developments like docklands and those other characterless failures. im not planning on putting myself in debt or renting (lol) any time soon either.

im just saying the status quo is really just an acceptance of mediocrity.

as for thanking the banks, ide rather thank Australia for being a mineral rich country that doesnt depend on bankers and financiers to power the economy with their ghost wealth.
Appreciate 0