Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkrups20056 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
have the HK system in the F15, have the B&W in the g05. Once you hear the B&W, its hard to go back. i don't even feel like listening to music in the F15 anymore. And I don't feel like listening to podcasts/radio in the g05. The B&W system is that good. even car reviewers rave about how good it is. It's expensive, and if you're a casual listener, just go with the HK system. I, however, love music, and it relaxes me and I doubt I'll never have another BMW without the B&W system in it
I agree with this. I bought the B&W system after dealing with multiple years of HK in prior BMWs. A car this expensive really should not have a sound system as embarrassing as the HK. SavageGeese on YouTube does in depth soundgraphs on all cars he reviews and he thinks the B&W should be standard on BMWs because the HK's range and clarity (even the upgraded package) leave a lot to be desired, especially compared to cars half the price. I don't know how people can survive long trips without a good sound system. I listened to music on the B&W and I passed my exit after three hours on the highway because it only has felt like an hour with all the fun I was having.

The good news is that BAVSound is there for people unfortunate enough to have the HK system. I haven't had the experience with it but anything is better than the HK. I can say for a fact that out of the six cars we have in the garage the HK system sounds the worse.
You guys do realize that HK makes more than one system and that all of them don't sound exactly the same in every single model of car it's installed in, right? When you say B&W or death, are you comparing the (so called) upgraded G05 X5 HK and B&W in same configured model, same driving conditions, same EQ, same source, and same content? Cause that's a hard test to do and while I am sure B&W is great, it's far from free and it is a car, one of the worst listening environments possible — there is such a thing as diminishing returns.
parkstr8562.00
GrussGott18193.50