View Single Post
      04-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #11
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornM5 View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on a black tipped Turner exhaust.... Please post your thoughts!!!
Guys I've been running my straightpiped RPi GTM system for over 2 months now and although there is definitely a noticable sound and decible level change inside the cabin, it doesn't matter which exhaust system you have, the sound proofing in the F10 chassis is too good, and will dampen a lot of sound from the exhaust from reaching inside the cabin. Even with my straightpiped setup, for me personally it's still not good enough inside the cabin to where I feel like I'm driving a race car. This may change with fully catless downpipes, but as far as that race car feeling from inside the F10 M5, it's too hard to achieve even with help from aftermarket exhausts. Only now do I understand why they had to pipe in that induction sound from the speakers.

So to answer your question about the Turner exhaust setup, it is going to be noticable, but it's not going to be a day and night difference like there was with the Eisenmann Race System in the E60 M5.

Appreciate 0