Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_CC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by radmjk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_CC View Post
Wow, thanks for posting! So if I read correctly, the noise came from the right rear seat backrest bracket? I wonder if there's anything less invasive that could eliminate that noise since that bracket is very easily accessible.
From my understanding there were bad spot welds, I presume localized under the rear seat, per my service advisor.

Seems to be gone at this point after one day of driving with it. I wish anyone with this issue all the best and hope it never takes 28 days to sort it out.
Wow, you really took one for the team. Hope they turn your fix into a service bulletin so others (including me) can get it fixed easily. I never though that noise would ever get fixed — it has been annoying me for over a year now.

Two months after I got my X5, they did a software update that bricked the car for 3 weeks. I feel your pain. Luckily I pressed hard enough for them to swap out the loaner X2 they gave me for an X5.
I wonder if you have the spot weld issues or if you have liftgate issues like I did. The noises are very similar and both were passenger rear.
Appreciate 0