View Single Post
      01-23-2021, 10:19 PM   #33
viperdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7/‘21 45e/‘23 45e

Victor...yes that sound you have is very similar to the one I have. Mine was also accompanied by a very fine, but noticeable, vibration. I will have to wait and see if a new drive shaft actually fixes the issue, but it does make sense. The vibration and noise does peak at around 64mph but never completely goes away. On the highway I did a few things to see where it was coming from. It made sense it was something rotational since the sound would get very bad at mid speeds then get a bit better the faster you went. I had just had new tires and an alignment done so I figured it wasn’t the tires or wheels. Also while at around 68mph I shifted the car into neutral and coasted. The noise never changed, so I figured it was something in the drive train separate from the engine. I suppose it could be an axle as well, but the the shop foreman felt pretty sure it was the drive shaft. I certainly am no expert when it comes to the drive train setup but it made sense to me that the drive shaft would keep spinning even when in neutral, ruling out an engine issue.
Appreciate 1
FiatLux11.50