03-09-2021, 07:14 AM   #182
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by VertigoAtHome View Post
So I just ordered my car last week. A day before I place my order I, not my SA, discover HK is dropped. Complete confusion at my dealer on the HK issue and Premium pricing. I end up with no HK and no Premium package because the pricing without the HK makes no sense (was $2800, then $1925 to compensate for no HK according to my SM). Now 7 days later pricing is completely changed again and I can get HK, premium, or Executive for far less. How is this in any way acceptable? I’ll be on the phone with my dealer tomorrow but my car has entered the production queue. What are my options at this point? Is it unreasonable to expect knowledgeable SAs, some clarity and consistency in pricing when buying any car let alone on a $74k build? Pretty disappointed with the entire sales process, the miscommunications, the just plain ignorance of what they are selling (on major design features and options), and now this, what a hassle, makes me just want out at this point.
Unless for some crazy reason you have already paid for the car, you do have options but don't wait till your car is delivered, do it now. You've ordered a 2021, you should be paying 2021 pricing for the car and each option you selected that is still currently available. If BMW is showing pricing on their build web site that is lower than whatever you are being charged, you need to show that to your dealer. Now, if in fact you got a nice fat discount, it becomes muddy. However, you can simply take your discount percent and apply it to the lower MSRP pricing from the build site and tell you're dealer that is all you are willing to pay. Otherwise, like you said, just get out and start over elsewhere if your dealer refuses.
Appreciate 0