Thread: X5 M50i vs SQ8
View Single Post
      11-26-2021, 04:07 PM   #74
joinauto
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
I agree with you as well. I used to have a Cayenne S before my X5 (with DHP) and I prefer the size and overall interior layout of the X5, but while the options were more expensive on the Cayenne, the quality seemed a little nicer - including the leather and such. However, to me the X5 with DHP is a little quicker and has a more comfortable ride and handling is about the same. But as you say it is subjective. Both are really good and I am sure most people will be happier with either. Also, the Cayenne seemed to be more solid in that there were zero creaks of plastic rubbing and just solid over rough roads. The build quality is second to none.

An M50i's closest Porsche Cayenne competitor is the Cayenne GTS IMHO.

I might be in the minority, but I find the new Cayenne and SQ8 interior looks very high tech and modern in a good way. Well, so does the X5. So, it's all subjective. LOL.
Had a X5 loaner when my car was in service. It was a base X5 and I was disappointed. It was comfortable and easy to drive, but way too floaty. I test drove the X5 M50i later. Much more planted (maybe because of the M suspension) and powerful (because of the mighty V8), and it was very comfortable for the family. Almost pulled trigger to place an order on M50i before accidentally test driving a Cayenne GTS. Well, I think the GTS is just in another league in terms of driving dynamics (and price as well). In comparison, the M50i is way too soft and relaxed. I eventually placed an order on GTS in May but I still don't see it arriving in the coming months with repeated delays. So coming back to BMW for in stock M50i (probably not X5M, as the ride quality is really compromised).
Appreciate 0