Drives: BMW M3 Comp Xdrive

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 M50i  [10.00]
2023 BMW 330E  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osheatwo View Post
Thanks for the explanation. I ordered my wife 2021 M50i last week and spec with AS but thinking about switching to DHP because of the floating and handling comment. Struggling to decide because concern about how much does AS may change the characteristic of why we got the M50i to point it where you lose the handling benefits in getting a M50i. Since car is not due to enter production till next, still have time to make the change.

Noticed with MY2021, IAS with AS is only available on M50i so hoping that helps maintain some of the handling and reduce the floating
Most X5 owners with air suspension counter the float by driving in Sport mode or other Driving Dynamics mode + air suspension in Sport level.

IAS won't have any affect on the ride quality and its features are for high speed stability, lane changing and and low speed maneuverability with turning radius assistance.

One of the primary benefits with DHP is Adaptive M Pro and active roll stabilization in reducing lean - given that this is a SAV.

If you're seeking the best handling M50i, go DHP.

Otherwise I'd recommend an extended drive in a G05 with air suspension just to make sure it suits your needs - definitely test drive air in Sport level.
Thanks, Great explanation.

With the limited stock there's not any M50 available to drive with AS so would have to drive a 40i but they do have a M50 with DHP, so may drive it to see if it will be to harsh of ride for wife.

Appreciate the responses

Update:
Test drove the M50i today DHP and changed our build from air suspension to DHP. Thanks for the insight.
Appreciate 0