Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vanguard- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -cj- View Post
Strange. My x5mc does NOT sound like that at all. The only noise I get from it is during upshifts at WOT.

Like the folks mentioned above, I was hoping for m5c-like sound.

I've got an f80 m3 with M performance exhaust and it's night and day. I honestly feel like the x5 has a particle filter, but it sounds like this is just "normal" for this car.
The competition model in the US is definitely more aggressive than the regular M. Mine pops and burbles on just revving in park too- up to just 4K rpm.
You must be talking about a different car or I (most of us here) must have a defective car. I have a 2021 X5M Comp and it does not pop and crackles like any other M I owned. By no means it's a Camry exhaust but it's far from an M comp exhaust. No matter what I do can't get it to pop on downshift and yes I hear some crackles but you have to be in a quite parking lot with a huge building to hear the echo.

With the FI exhaust I hear pops on up shifts, never on down shift, and the crackles are more prominent but again no where near a real M comp exhaust. My benchmark is a 2017 M3C with M performance exhaust.
Appreciate 2
-cj-201.00