View Single Post
      01-06-2021, 08:37 AM   #1
hiki08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05

Summer tires for BMW 744 wheels

Hi All, new here as I just purchased and took delivery of my first BMW (G05) - in white, X Line. Looking forward to growing in the BMW community.

The car came standard with 19” 735 wheels, which are a bit boring to say the least. I’m considering swapping to the 744 wheels in contrast colour (seen a few of you guys running the full orbit grey versions here). Comfort and low noise is high on the priority list, but I really am not fond of the 735 wheels... which is why I’m looking at the 744s. The car’s air suspension will hopefully help a bit (don’t think I’ll run the route of non-factory spec thicker tires).

Anyway, it seems like the standard tires to fit to the 744 are Pirelli PZ4s... Could anyone confirm if that’s the case? Can we choose to use either run flat or not run flats? I read somewhere on here that 21 and 22” wheels can use non-run flat, which they found to be more comfortable than 19” on run flats. My 19’s are currently on Hankook Ventus Evo3 which are quite quiet and comfortable (not sure if they’re run flat).

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
X3726.00