View Single Post
      01-08-2021, 08:43 PM   #4
hiki08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05

Thanks guys!

Don’t think I’ll consider changing to 738 as it won’t be much cheaper than the 744 when getting new, and I like the looks of the 744 much more. I could probably pick up relatively cheaper near-new 740M 20” wheels as they come standard on local 40i M Sport package cars, but then I’m not fond of putting M-wheels on my X-line either... TBH if the car came with 738’s, I wouldn’t bother changing though as I agree they look pretty classic!

As I live in the middle of a big city, I’m not very concerned about getting stranded too much. Service stations or help will usually be quite close by to do a quick patch. Being new to BMW and run-flats... using a non-run-flat tire won’t void my warranty will it?

I also did a more detailed search on this forum (rather than scrolling through the pages), and noticed this old thread: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&highlight=744
It suggests the following are available (will need to check locally for stock):
Conti Premium Contact 6 S Run Flats
Front: 275/40 R21
Rear: 315/35 R21

Pirelli P Zero- summer Run Flats

Pirelli Scorpion Verde - all season Non- Run Flats

Anyone with experience/thoughts on these? Based on Pirelli’s website, the Verdes would have better comfort than the PZ4s. I’m not after performance as I’ve resigned to the fact the one in my spec (with air suspension) will never perform around corners like the Cayenne GTS I previously drove. One of the reasons for the change was for better ride comfort/lower noise.

I noticed on Pirellis’ website it also has P Zero PNCS tires (noise cancelling system), as an alternative to its run-flat technology tires. Any experience/thoughts on these?

And just another noob question - is TPMS add-ons necessary when purchasing a new wheel? Or are wheel caps and tires all I need to get going?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0