United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiki08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smomin23 View Post
That's fair! Your car, your rules

As for the other questions: can't answer all but I always switch to non-rft at the first chance I get. Never had any warranty issues. Not sure if you have a lease but doesn't sound like it. I'm sure things would be different for leasing.

Also, you mentioned you have an xLine which was a relief. I went xLine as well as I didn't want anything sporty but it was starting to feel like I was the only xLine on the forum. Was getting a bit lonely haha
Thanks. I stopped by the dealership today and they confirmed whether I use run flats won't affect warranty. They also said I don't need to order any separate TPMS parts when I order new wheels and tires. Only need to make the change in tire/wheel size in the vehicle settings. And with your M5, I've sure the bit of ruggedness of the X Line will give you that bit of distinction! With some guilt, I got the X line for the better price. I do like the open pore wood which comes standard in X Line much more than the fish scales in the M sport for sure though.

It's terribly hard to find tire availability here..! All the shops are small independent shops who don't even seem to be bothered balancing the wheels after a tire change...

I'll try and call the Pirelli distributor and ask about PZ4 PNCS and run flats, and the Verde. Those in the States are so lucky when it comes to anything to do with cars! And Tirerack website is blocked from access here.
Honestly, the M has been a blast. It's a got a few things I'd have liked a bit different but no complaints.

I'm just coming to this point where I want luxurious comfort with just enough punchiness to get around. X5 fit the bill perfectly!

Hopefully you are able to track down a set of tires! We are seriously blessed with our many, many tire distributors. Even easier for a squared set (thank the lord for 20's)