View Single Post
      01-19-2021, 11:16 AM   #246
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Haven't posted any progress for awhile.... after all the drama I've experienced..... finally got the car back to BR-P today, and because the car has new software, they were actually able to get a few more HP out of it.

No new dynosheets, all done via datalogging and road testing.
702 hp (+12 from last time)
943 nM (+15 from last time)

So here's my drama:

1 month ago..... get the notification for the new Android Auto update.

Do the update..... Android auto doesn't work. Because.... of course it doesn't.

Popped a check engine light at the same time. Car is MUCH slower. I'm CONVINCED that the update cleared all my tuning.

Went to BR-P.... the tune is STILL on the car. WTF?? Turns out, another one of those f-ing little rodents CHEWED THROUGH MY POST-CAT OXYGEN SENSOR! The reason the car was slower, was because it went into "limp mode" because the 02 sensor was completely severed.

The fact that it happened at EXACTLY the same time I was notified of the update??? That was a complete coincidence.

2 weeks later, bring to BMW, they replace the 02 sensor, and install a critter-scaring noise device under my hood..... that was a $600 bill... uggh.

When they installed the 02 sensor..... they reverted the car back to stock..... so now my tune is REALLY gone.... for real this time.

1.5 more weeks..... finally got the car back to BR-P, where they worked their magic.... and FINALLY the beast is back to the way it should be. Now I can "officially" say my car is over 700 hp. Not "much" over.... but still technically over.

And No.... BR-P didn't charge me a dime. This is all covered under their warrantee. Can't speak highly enough of them.

Last edited by Ninefourteener; 01-22-2021 at 01:15 AM..
Appreciate 2