United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i Xdrive, 2021 X5M co

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smomin23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.blue View Post
I think it will look incredible but I had a guy that talked me out of getting my wheels done saying that after a couple of months the wheels will show water spots. Like spots that will be hard to remove. I call BS on this because the wheels on my M550i still look great after 4 years and I was just fooling around and did those myself. Although the non-stick effects start to wear off a bit.
I mean it's possible to "bake in" any defects that were on the wheel before the coating but I don't think I've ever experienced hard water spots develop under a coating.

Thankfully, I'm taking my car straight to detail after delivery so not worried about any major defects.

I was a little concerned about it wearing off and naturally it won't last as long as the coating on the paintwork but this shop also does an annual refresh for free. You have to get it inspected within 30 days of the anniversary of your initial service but as long as you do, they'll do a full refresh.

Figure as long as the wheel coatings last even 6 months, that's 6 fewer months every year where I'm scrubbing down every nook and cranny of the wheel to remove brake dust lol
The annual refresh is a great incentive. That's a win win!