Thread: curb lights
View Single Post
      01-23-2019, 10:29 PM   #69
avengerboater
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i

Ok, I had my car in today for a battery replacement and had them look into the cornering lights.

Here's what they said:

1) Yes, the cornering lights for laser housings are a part of the housing, whereas previous models f10, f15, etc. used the fog lights as cornering lights.

2) They tested every lighting function of the headlights and they all worked as normally should. There were no codes or error messages they could see.

3) They also said the cornering lights did light up, albeit very faintly when they turned the wheels one way or they other. I couldn't verify this at pick up because it was bright and sunny out. I just tried it in my garage with no lights other than the car's, and I still see no difference in the cornering lights turning on at all.

4) My advisor said the LED low beams are so bright and efficient at shifting when you turn that the cornering lights may not be very visible.

5) I told him that I've tested it out numerous times and still see no visible lights shining down on the road as I turn, but he said they were indeed working.

So, take it for what it is, I'm not sure if it can be definitively be confirmed one way or the other whether it's working or not.
Appreciate 0