01-23-2019, 11:01 PM   #71
avengerboater
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by magna6882 View Post
I would file his opinion under BS. Every car i have had that had cornering lights, including our 17 q7, had very obvious to the side of the car illuminating drive way entrances and the like .The q7 are led and progressively come on and off like there on dimmers. I see the light in the housing but i believe the software is not turning them on since it is connected to the steering.
I just wish bmw would admit what is not working and let us know they are working on it instead of making there customers guess whats normal.

I brought it up with him regarding the software possibly just needing an update to address the situation. He said that the car is new and any software update won't be coming out for a while. He is right that the car is too new and not a lot is known about it, be it from service techs or BMW. The only reason why we're so keen on these issues is because we all report and try to troubleshoot them en masse.

I'm fairly confident that there will be a new update or major overhaul of software release coming soon. I'm thinking BMW is making a list of all the possible bugs that's come up and trying to address them all at once with a big patch release.

Oh, I also drove around my cul de sac doing hard u-turns both directions and nope, no lights, no difference whatsoever.
Appreciate 0