Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
not sure what she is using... i have linksys router
if you want to see how many clients are connected to you, put 192.168.1.1 in your browser and enter "admin" for password if you haven't changed it yet. once you're in the configuration menu click status, then click the sub-menu local network. bottom of that page you'll see DHCP clients table...click that and you'll see a popup of all the dynamic connections to your router (i doubt the chick has it set to a static IP.) if you see more than you and her, you've got freeloaders.

if that's not the case, then i'd just go over there and ask her if she's using any sort of file sharing program. if she is then you might want to go into those programs on her computer and restrict the upload bandwidth. if she's seeding a ton of stuff and your upload bandwidth is hogged, then your download bandwidth will also suffer as well. i set all my torrents to a max of 25kbps, i only have about a 50kbps upload speed. once you do that, you'll find the download bandwidth gets automatically distributed evenly. pro tip: limewire will get you popped. use bittorrent.
Appreciate 0