Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
Wow, this Vettel challenge seems impossible. I keep retrying and finally didn't disqualify myself and found myself to be 7 seconds slower than bronze on the first race. Practice practice I guess... any tips?

Wheel or DS3?

I tried doing it with the controller, couldnt even get past turn 1 at Suzuka (I already had bronze in the first 2 using a wheel).

I would watch the demonstration provided when you first load up each track. I think its the blue icon at the bottom of the screen close to the Exit icon. I watched that in the view I drive in and watched where the breaking points were, how long he held the brakes, and what line the computer took on each turns. Then I looked up videos on YouTube to see if there were any corners that could be cut to save some time (like all the chicanes at Monza).

The Nürburgring took me a couple hours, but most of that was getting use to the car. Monza took me about 15-20 minutes, I think that one is the easiest, not as many turns. Suzuka took me roughly 5-6 hours over 2 days to complete. Suzuka was the hardest and Im glad my steering wheel survived my "frustrational impacts" I gave it, lol. That is one tough steering wheel, lol.

If you are using a wheel, someone on the PS3Trophies.org forums mentioned turning down the force feedback to 1. He said it would help keep the wheel from breaking my rig apart with violent shaking and would make driving the car a lot easier. I havent tried it yet, going to do that tonight after work.

I hope this helps, good luck and keep at it.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0