01-26-2021, 05:48 AM   #46
XSixxx
Dragon Slayer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X6 M50i, Riverside Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
The M50i variants of the G05 and the F95..... do not however. They are virtually identical in chassis, engine, transmission, drivetrain, etc.
I don't know nearly as much as you or iconoclast in regards to these BMW's, yet, but I have read alot and typically do a fair bit of research. The C&D article I posted earlier actually somewhat contradicted themselves just a bit.

In one sentence they say, "It’s not a full-on M version like the X6 M, so the chassis isn’t quite as aggressively tuned and it has a different version of the twin-turbo 4.4-liter V-8 under the hood."

Yet, later on they say, "The twin-turbo 4.4-liter V-8 is essentially the same unit found in the M5 and X6 M, just with less boost."

This is where I got my assumption that both engines are 95% the same. IDK.

I do know that I love this car's engine and chassis. I love how compliant yet firm it is, but can get real sporty, real quick with the push of a button. I would love to have 700CHP, but not at the detrimate of the integrity of its internal components.

I've read where some say the Comfort mode of a true M is the M50i's Sport setting. I prefer the Comfort mode of the M50i on the daily. Sport+ does get used, but 1-2 times a month. I live in the mountains of East Tennessee, afterall, and I love me some twisty roads!