DYoung
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Garage List
1995 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW 228i  [9.50]
I installed the front splitter on my car in February, so I've had a chance to experience most of the conditions where I was worried about the clearance.

Speed bumps around here rarely cause scraping, but I'm sure I'll eventually encounter one that will cause me to cringe. Luckily the splitter is fairly flexible so other than some scratches on the underside I think the splitter will survive most minor hazards.

Where I notice the most contact with the ground is leaving a parking lot that descends a slope through a gutter onto a level street. The splitter extends out a few inches which is enough to scrape slightly before the car can level out. This is the case at my office so every day I look for the best angle of approach to minimize the contact.

Parking blocks are a particular hazard that I consciously give a wide berth. I usually give them at least 2 feet of space, I would rather the tail of the car extend slightly from the parking space than risk bumping the spitter. It's not worth inching up on the block to get the car all the way into a parking spot.
Appreciate 1