x5legend24
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmerman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieg View Post
Have you been able to resolve the noise on your X5? I have a 2020 X5 with 22 inch Conti's as well and I have the same exact noise. I took delivery of the vehicle March 7th as it was a special order. I had the car 1 day when I noticed the same exact noise. I took it back to the dealer the very next day. THe shop foreman rode with me as well and could here the noise. The loaner I was driving while I waited for my X5 had 20 inch wheels and it rode much more quite. My local dealer is telling me that is normal road noise. I dont know if my ears are just sensitive or if there is a problem. I have owned every generation X5 with the largest wheel/tire combo offered and this is a first for me. It is drivng me INSANE.
Yes... check for the dampeners on the wishbone suspension arms under the car. See pics from previous posts. Many 22" rims delivered without that part. Made me INSANE too until dealer installed them. Now the sound is acceptable, but I would NOT buy this vehicle again with this config. Yes, the 20" rims are much quieter, but dont look as good.
Did the dealer install for free since they didn't come for the car or did you have to pay?
Appreciate 0