View Single Post
      11-10-2020, 04:49 AM   #211
richierich1611
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_1M View Post
I picked up my new X5 xdrive 40i from the performance center last week, and it was a treat.

All in all, the car is fantastic and I'm happy with the color and options we chose, including the ride on the air suspension on the stock 22" wheels. There is one issue though. Something doesn't seem right with the road noise which appears to be coming from the front suspension. It's hard to describe, but what I'm referring to is the sound the suspension makes as it moves over the constant microbumps that are on pretty much every road except the very smooth ones. It's louder the faster I go, and especially loud on the highway. With every small bumps on the road, it sounds as if someone is playing a hollow drum with their hands. On the highway it's pretty much constant. I know it's not the tire noise b/c I can hear it distinctly as bumps are more frequent. I can hear it as low as 20mph but it's really loud going over 70+. On a smooth road, I don't really hear anything.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It doesn't seem normal unless there's some sort of break in period to the air suspension. No other car (not even my 1M or my wife's old Honda CR-V) is this loud over any bumps. And since the sound is apparently driving on any road but the smoothest, it's hard not to pay attention to it.

Here's a video (note, the sound I'm describing is more evident when playing the video through my cell phone speakers versus laptop speakers for some reason):

I am having the same problem with mine. Noise is to an unbearable level. Mine is booked in tomorrow with the dealer.
Appreciate 0