FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Günther View Post
Hey guys,

I'm sharing the quote for service on my new X5 M50i. The shop is in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The quote is very detailed so you'll see all of the work that's being done to it for a total of $6,969.70.

I looked around at other detailers in the area and chose to go with Simple Details. This shop is a first-class business. The owner spent about 45 minutes with me showing several autos that were currently in the shop. NICE JOB! We reviewed several options for the ceramics and the PPF. I went with the best of class for all products.

It's taking about two weeks to do the entire job. Simple Details creates a Trello project management board to show the tracking of all work. They're constantly taking photos of the work. (I've included one for your reference.)

I'm glad that I trusted my precious Herr Günther von Bimmer with these guys. Would you believe that I picked up a chip on the ride home from the Performance Delivery Center in Spartanburg, SC? It's on the hood. The staff called me as soon as they found it. It was revealed during the paint correction and cleaning. They contacted BMW and got some Tanzanite Blue II Metallic paint to fix the chip before they apply the PPF and ceramic coating.

All-in-all, I'm very glad that I decided to do the PPF and ceramics. The last Bimmer (Klaus von Bimmer) had little dings and chips all over the hood and the A rocker / hood area. I think that it was a wise decision to protect the ~$104,000 invested in my new baby.

Cheers,
Kenny
I hope you didn't lease it and return it after 3 years! I was amazed when I bought my current X5 used, how much the previous owner had spent on the car - including ceramic coating. Must have spent $5 for every mile driven!
Appreciate 0