09-26-2020, 08:43 PM   #4
ketrab
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F25 2.8i , '21 G5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I believe this package should be ordered by everyone. Not only will folks end up using the cruise control features but it also does add some safety features.
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it. Couple follow ups

Quote:
The emergency stop assistant isn't a standard feature. This is where the parking brake can be pulled and held by the driver or a passenger when there is a medical emergency. The vehicle will be stopped, pulled to the shoulder in some instances and an emergency call placed.
I think I've confused emergency stop assist with frontal collision (which is standard correct or its also pro feature?). Also is it required for the parking brake to be pulled in order to activate or there are other circumstances i.e like if we fall asleep?

Quote:

The first thing added is the side collision avoidance which will keep you from turning into a vehicle beside you as well as move you to the side/brake when a vehicle beside you starts turning into you.
Is this Side Collision Warning option in the settings? Is that mean it will take over the wheel, let say if someone fall asleep and start steering toward you on the highway, would the car take over at that time?

Quote:
The Evasion assistant also is not standard. It will help the driver when trying to make a maneuver to avoid an accident or obstacle. One of our members had an experience with that and it worked well in assisting with steering and avoiding the accident happening in front of him.
Would that be an example like when a deer is on the street at night and you didn't see it?

Quote:
Front cross traffic alert is also included in the package
What is that do?

Also where can I find more info on all of these features? I've checked manual but it doesn't really cover much. Website also is little or no info.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0