09-28-2020, 08:05 AM   #19
ketrab
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F25 2.8i , '21 G5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyhank82 View Post
I am not getting the pro because to me it does not add any crucial safety features. It certainly adds convenience features like the traffic jam assist and adaptive cruise with lane centering/changing but I am not convinced that evasion assist is necessary when the car comes standard with forward collision warning. Similarly getting the 360 camera with the park assist package, which I am checking the box for in my build, gives you the tool to use front cross traffic alert function manually. Lastly the standard car has the blind spot warning so I am ok not having the additional side collision avoidance.

I think it comes down to personal preference. To me I like having the second set of eyes to warn me of a danger but I don't necessarily like the system taking over the braking and steering in various scenarios. Per IIHS evaluation the base system without adding the pro package is a superior front collision avoidance system and that is all I personally need.
It's hard to put a price on safety. You may not use it ever or it might be one time that you wish you had it. It's crazy that companies ask to pay premium for something that should be standard.
Appreciate 1
volodp198.00