View Single Post
      08-24-2022, 05:52 PM   #22
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

I bought mine from Raj at Peterpan BMW. At that time, I was talking to MV BWM and Peterpan, Peterpan gave me better price (by $1000). Overall experience with Raj is great, very direct and based on need communication during the process, which worked well for me. I don't like to be bug for unnecessary check in.

The catch, if I have to pick one, is Peterpan is an Penske group dealer., while MV and StevenCreek is Auto West (larger volume). So MV or StevenCreek may get more allocations, so less waiting on waiting list, maybe? My peterpan timeline from order to obtaining alloction looks like this:

- Initial order, being placed on waiting list was placed in Feb 16, 2022. I was in 15th place for 45e. At that time, I think all March allocation is settled.
- I got allocation for May production on April 19. This mean Peterpan get at most 14 allocation per month for 45e, because I didn't make April.

Once allocation was obtained, the build and delivery process is probably the same everywhere.

So total of 4.5 month from order to delivery, 2 months waiting for allocation. 0.5 month from allocation confirm to build start. 2 month for build and transport. So total of 5 months isn't out of norm in current situtaiton. Plus the new EV bill, most people in bay area, looking at 45e, will exceed income limit. So I am not surprised more people pull in their order to make year end delivery.

Last edited by eelnoraa; 08-24-2022 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 2