08-17-2005, 12:59 PM   #8
seh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3
Alot of wheel retailers now a days are basicly Tirerack resellers.. they will only sell what tirerack sells.
Do you mean that they buy wholesale from Tirerack and markup back to retail?
Quote:
And for some reason tirerack is only selling the 19" version of the LMs for the E90. I have no idea why, but it may have to do with the high offset of the 18x8 for the rear of an e90.
I asked the salesperson why, and he said, paraphrasing, "Look, we have our technical people that determine what works and what doesn't. From here, I have no way of knowing why it doesn't work. Maybe the brakes are too large. All I know is that they won't work and we won't sell them." I countered that I had seen pictures of 18" wheels on an E90, but he just said that he could not help me.
Quote:
Wish1 made the rear fit with use of spacers, which you can do also, but ideally you should use the 18x9.5 rear which should fit.
But what about my second question regarding the stock tires? Would the stock 255/35R18 fit on a 9.5" wheel? Also, would you propose using the 8.5" LM in the front?
Quote:
The question is finding a wheel retailer that imports those.
So far one guy I've been talking to is from Wheel Experts Automotive Group. He was looking into verifying that some 18" LM would fit on an E90, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I'll be calling him again today.
Quote:
If you ever are seriously interested in the LMs in 18" and want the name of whels guy that may be able to import those 9.5s for you contact me and i'll let you know.
That would be helpful. Usually with the shipping-but-no-tax tradeoff, the non-local sellers turn out to be about the same price. Would you prefer to share this source privately?
Quote:
But seeing that you are in cali, i'm sure there are plenty of wheel shops that may be able to get that for you?
I don't know where to start. The few places I've heard of around San Diego that have websites don't list BBS as an available brand. If anyone else can recommend a good source around San Diego, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Appreciate 0