View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 10:01 PM   #51
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Drive around any major city in the US and you come to realize that the closer you get to a city, the more insanely people drive. Around Chicago you'll find people plodding along at 45-50 in the left lane and NASCAR wannabe's driving 80-90 while zipping across multiple lanes. It's pure insanity.
Not to condone the activity of the race car driver wanna be's. But I would venture to say most of this activity would disappear if the idiots and entitled aholes get the heck out of the left lane. Casey Putsch did a couple of Youtube videos on this very topic. One of them he had a cop ride along with him making comments about how bad drivers are with respecting the left lane.

Just because you're driving the speed limit, doesn't entitle you to drive that way on the passing lane. These people are contributing to the problem and in many ways are being passive aggressive; essentially road raging too.

And a point that was brought up in one of Casey's videos was the affect the lack of lane discipline has on public safety in general. There have been many times emergency vehicles have had a hard time getting through clogged highways because some idiot is marking their territory by camping in the left lane while a whole train of cars are trying to get around this moron. Now imagine an emergency vehicle coming up on this mess. I know. I've experienced this issue first hand as a driver of the meat wagon for my station.
Appreciate 5
M_Six16554.50
Salty Dog3572.50
JasonCSU699.00
MKSixer34171.50