pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I say tighten up the skills required to get a licensing in the first place. People are quick to point out driving is a privilege. Well, it should be treated as such.

This isn't that far off from how licenses are given out in this country:

+1

It's treated as much more of a privilege elsewhere, like in Europe. We used to see someone driving shitty and joke that they got their license in a box of Cracker Jack...and sadly, it's not far from the truth.

It's all driven (get it?) by selfish and narcissistic parents. The parents are eager for the kids to be able to drive themselves around, and especially for the older ones to be able to drive the younger ones around. The parents want drivers' license exams to be a rubber-stamp. That way they (the parents) can focus on...you know...important shit...like spending an extra 6 or 8 hours a week under their bosses' desks. Or driving themselves an hour each way to take a Pilates class from the hot new instructor. Or taking the buxom new admin out to happy hour. Anything other than - God forbid - spending time with their kids. Even if it means the kids are shitty drivers and a hazard to themselves and their fellow motorists. It's totally worth it to be able to spend a couple of hours swilling beer and staring at the new admin's tits.
Salty Dog3572.50
JasonCSU699.00
MKSixer34173.50